We provide a range of opportunities for professionals from a wide range of agencies and organisations to develop their competence. This includes peer support, emotional wellbeing, positive relationships, developing an understanding of sexual abuse and domestic violence, safeguarding (both adults and children) and our Level 5 Diploma Working Therapeutically with Children & Young People.
All our professional development delivery is tailored to the specific audience and delivered by qualified professionals. . We bring together experts from clinical services, the criminal justice system, education and social care to share experiences and expertise as appropriate.
Positive Relationships and Emotional Wellbeing (PREW)
Our PREW programme promotes and supports emotional wellbeing and provides a supported space to safely explore challenging relationship issues and to explore the problems that surround them and the resolutions that are possible.
PREW is a course that:
- Can be tailored for all ages and circumstances
- Works equally well in businesses and organisations, as well as schools and colleges
- Promotes emotional wellbeing – what it is, and how to enhance it - looking after self and others
- Enables people to develop positive attitudes towards relationships in order to prevent domestic abuse and sexual violence.
- Is interactive and creative, using various film clips, activities and discussion.
Peer Support Programme (PSP)
PSP provides people with information and an understanding of peer support. The interactive style of delivery gives the potential peer supporters the opportunity to explore the peer support role and understand what will be expected of them.
Our PSP programme covers:
- Encouraging a culture of openness and responsibility across the organisation
- Recognising respectful, abusive and exploitative relationships and where to get help
- Improving self-esteem, confidence, problem solving and communication skills
- Peer Support – what it is, why it is important and how to support it
- Developing mentoring skills
- Improving a sense of belonging to their organisation
- Helps reduce the incidence of negative behaviours
- Is ASDAN accredited
The programme also includes help for the organisation to develop safe and supported implementation of their preferred peer support programme. This includes follow up support for the subsequent peer supporters.
The programme encourages a participatory and interactive approach to learning, and is delivered through a range of individual and group activities. We recognise that the PSP will should meet the needs of the organisation and that there may be particular issues that need to be addressed. If the organisation has a particular challenge courses can be tailored to meeting this.
Emotional wellbeing is vital to our everyday confidence and resilience. It is important that this is actively developed and maintained.
- CLEAR is accredited to deliver Connect 5 which was developed by Public Health England & Health Education England.
- Connect 5 promotes a self-help philosophy, through the five ways to wellbeing, of helping people to better understand, manage and improve their mental health. Sessions are very interactive, encouraging participation and open discussion.
Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness sessions
Domestic abuse and sexual violence can impact in a myriad of ways, on our friends, family and work colleagues, including health, wellbeing and attendance at work. It is important for us all to understand the signs and provide support.
Our sessions cover
- An understanding of the impact of abuse on mental health and wellbeing
- Knowing how to support a friend / colleague appropriately
- Promoting wellbeing at work thereby increasing attendance and performance
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.
Safeguarding and protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults is an important shared priority. Setting up and following good policies and practice is vital in ensuring proper safeguarding.
Our safeguarding training:
- Can be tailored to cover specific scenarios that are relevant to your organisation or business, and
- We can offer a Level 3 Nuco accredited, lifetime qualification.
We highly value your feedback on our service. It helps us understand what we do well, where we can make changes to improve what we do and where we can grow in terms of developing our services. You can provide us with feedback here